Saturday, October 5, 2013

Not a Flannel Friday: Super Friends to Save the Day!


It's October already!

Can you believe it?!??!

Well, that means one thing ~ Halloween is just around the corner!
It also means that it is time for our new Storytime theme ~ 

Let's Pretend!

This year I decided to change up my October storytime offerings and do a month long theme all about dressing up and playing pretend. When I mentioned this idea to my storytime friends back in September, several of them mentioned Superheroes as a favorite dress-up theme. So... that is how our first week of October became our:

Super Friends to Save the Day!
Storytime and Game Night

I had more fun than I ever imagined while preparing for my first ever Super Friends Storytime. And I look forward to sharing all the super fun activities, songs, rhymes, and books we shared this week but, for now, I will share only one. It is a bright and colorful Super Friends version of the book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, by Bill Martin, Jr. and Eric Carle.  It also has a little tweak to it based on the book, The Amazing Adventures of BATHMAN!, by Andrew T. Pelletier:


Our first Super Friend to be placed on the magnetic board is a my version of Bathman ~ 
with his super special glow-in-the-dark goggles on!


Super Friend, Super Friend, 
Who Do You See?


Super Bathman, Super Bathman,
Who do you see?
I see Red Glitter Girl looking at me.

Red Glitter Girl, Red Glitter Girl,
Who do you see?
I see Dr, Orange Lava looking at me.

continue with:
Yellow Lightning Boy
Green Slime Guy
Blue Astro Kid
Purple Power Princess

finish with audience participation:
Purple Power Princess, Purple Power Princess,
Who do you see?
I see lots of Super Friends looking at me.

Super Friends (children in the audience), Super Friends
Who do you see?
We see:

Super Bathman
Red Glitter Girl
Dr, Orange Lava
Yellow Lightening Boy
Green Slime Guy
Blue Astro Boy
and
Purple Power Princess
Looking at us!

It's a Super Friends Party!
Yay!


I'll be back soon to share the rest of our awesome Superheroes Storytime and Game Night ~ including Super Power snacks and Superhero Challenges ~ but, in the meantime, since this week's Flannel Friday Round-Up  is our 2nd Annual Halloween Extravaganza I thought I would shar a few links to my past posts that are Halloween-related:









7 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!!!!
    Buy cds Online India

    ReplyDelete
  2. The superheroes are adorable! Did you use, or do you have, a template for them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you be willing to share your template for the superheroes or explain how you did them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be willing to share your template for the superheroes or explain how you did them?

    ReplyDelete