Sunday, April 8, 2012

Frog ABC'S Blog Hop

I am trying something new on my blog this week. It is a Blog Hop


With a name like that, I thought that I should choose an appropriate theme so why not ~ FROGS?!!??!! They like to hop and that is what we will be doing for the next couple of weeks. We will be hopping from blog to blog and exploring all kinds of froggie activities.


Also, since my blog is all about the ABC'S of storytime ~ which stands for Activities, Books, Crafts, and Snacks for storytime learning and fun ~ I decided that my very first Blog Hop should be entitled: 

Frog ABC'S Blog Hop



This is my first time to host a Blog Hop so I will be learning as we go. It looks like it is pretty easy and shouldn't be too hard to figure out. When it is done, I should know a little more about blogging ~ something that is pretty new to me and I don't know an awful lot about. :-}

But one thing I do know already ~ it is definitely fun to Blog Hop

I hope you will decide to participate and hop along with me! 

If you are unsure what a Blog Hop is, you will find a quick explanation here.

Now, let's get hopping! Ribbit! Ribbit!


What to do:

  • Write a blog post showcasing any activity, book, craft, or snack about frogs or link to one that is already posted on your blog. You can share a flannel or magnetic board set that you created for a song or fingerplay about frogs. You can share an old classic children's book about frogs that you love to share at storytime or brand new book about frogs that you are adding to your "must read" list. You can share your latest craft that you created at the last minute or a yummy snack that you found on Pinterest and decided to try at last night's storytime. Anything about frogs will do! It is all up to you!
  • Next, add your link to this post by clicking on the "Click here to enter" link at the bottom of the page and following the instructions. Make sure you link to your specific blog post, not to your homepage, and give it a caption.
  • And the final step to making this a successful Blog Hop that benefits everyone ~ please click on "Get the code here" and follow the steps to adding the Blog Hop to your post. This step is what actually creates the links between all of the participating blogs so that a visitor to one blog will be able to visit any of the other blogs with just a click. Please don't forget to link-up! Another benefit to this step is that you will quickly see when another blog has linked up and you will be able to check out their contribution. That means less time blindly searching for new frog ideas for your next storytime or playdate with your Mom's Group.
And it is as simple as that!

Have fun!

Yay! I made my very first Blog Button. What do you think? Be sure to grab it if you link up with the Blog Hop.


Frog ABC'S Blog Hop Button">


Oh, and I added a FROG ABC'S BLOG HOP board on Pinterest. Check it out here.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to your Blog Hop! Hope you have had a lovely Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Caz! I'm so glad that you linked up! Please be sure to share the Blog Hop with your readers and your friends. Anyone with froggie ideas is welcome to join the Hop. :-)

      I will be doing another Blog Hop with a new theme soon so check back often and link up to the new Blog Hops if you have appropriately-themed posts. I would love to see more of your ideas!

      Hope you had a lovely Easter, too. Ours was all about spending time together as a family. <3 So it was great! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the invite to share my frogs vs. toads activity! I'll post a note on my blog's facebook page linking to the blog hop. There's loads of great activities here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deceptively Educational,

      I am so glad you linked up your wonderful Frogs vs. Toad post. It definitely adds to our Blog Hop. :-)

      And thanks for adding a link to your blog's Facebook page. I am hoping more people will share their creative ideas for learning about frogs. Add more people will find this Blog Hop to be a "resource-building" idea.

      I am adding another Blog Hop today. If you have any Egg or Chick ideas, I would love to have you link up to the Eggs and Chicks ABC'S Blog Hop, too.

      Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a lovely weekend!
      K

      Delete
  3. I love the froggy button ;). Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun learning how to make a button for the first time. Still more to learn but I am loving every minute of it!

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  4. loving these ideas!!! so happy i found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy you found my blog, too, myamybug. :-) thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I hope you come back and visit often and find lots of fun ideas for spending time with your little one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy the Jump Frog Jump blog post from www.theartannex.com

    Happy Reading!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi K! I wanted to add my version of 5 Green and Freckled Frogs but I cannot get the linky to cooperate. Would you mind giving it a shot for me?

    Here's the link: http://www.sotomorrowblog.com/2011/05/flannel-friday-5-green-and-freckled.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I can't get the code to for the blog hop to show up on my post. I am just having one heck of a day. :(

      Delete
    2. Anne, I got your post linked but I ran into issues with the thumbnail. Are you on Wordpress?

      What I had to do is save your picture to my computer and then choose it in the second option for adding a thumbnail. After I did that, the post linked up quickly. So it must have something to do with how your pictures are loaded on to your blog from what I can figure out. Also, there is always a third option for the thumbnail. But I haven't tried it yet.

      Delete