Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Flannel Friday Round-Up for September 14, 2012


Yay!

It is time for the Flannel Friday Round-Up!

I am excited to be hosting Flannel Friday this week. I love reading everyone's creative posts and am always inspired by all the fun ideas!

This is my third time to host. Whoo hoo! Love it!

I used a newer way to collect everyone's contributions. It is called a Blog Hop. (You can check out a couple of past ones here and here.) 

I have been hosting Blog Hops on my blog for quite awhile because I have found them to be a fun, simple way to organize storytime ideas in an easy to access format.
(I hope you will check out one or two of my Blog Hops through the link above. And please feel free to link up any of your past, present, or future posts that fit the theme of the Blog Hops). 

I find Blog Hops to be much easier and quicker to use. And since a participant in one links a photo from their own site, you can easily see if an idea is what you are looking for. 

It is very Pinterest-y

I LOVE all of the colorful pictures. ;o) I hope you enjoy them, too!

Well, enough of all that chit-chat, let's get this Flannel Friday Round-Up started! 

If you prefer to just get started hopping from one blog to another, skip this next part and start clicking on the thumbnail photos below to see the cool ideas for this week's Flannel Friday Round-Up. Have fun!

But ~ if you prefer the regular option of reading a little description before clicking the link then stay with me here because that is what you are now going to get! ;o)

First, we have two bilingual storytime ideas from Katie at Es divertido hablar dos idiomasShe shares an exciting, mixed up day on the farm with her adorable flannelized farm animals from David McPhail's easy reader book, The Day Dog Said, "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo!"
Next, she shared instructions for making a very colorful felt piñata! It is beautiful! Thank you, Katie! I enjoy learning new ways to incorporatemSpanish into my own storytimes.

This week, we have quite a number of Fall-related storytime ideas. 

I love Fall, don't you?

Lisa at Libraryland is taking us on a colorful leaf hunt with her flannelized version of the Steve Metzger book, "We're Going on a Leaf Hunt".  She includes a pattern so you can make your own.

Please give a warm welcome to Lindy who is a Guest Poster this week. She is sharing her magnetic version of Five Little Leaves. This is a versatile rhyme that can easily be flannelized and used for many different storytime themes.

Fall is also a very good time to enjoy some delicious applesauce. Lucy at In the Children's Room has provided us with a fun and interactive flannel recipe for making and enjoying Applesauce, Applesauce. Mmmmm good!

Storytime Katie was Flannel Friday-inspired by Sarah to make her own tree with colorful leaves to share the song, The Leaves on the Trees. I love her beautiful tree and her 
suggestion for making this song a little more interactive. You will love it too!

Great minds and really FUN, wacky librarians think alike! Or at least that's my story and I am sticking to it . ;o)

You'll understand those two statements when you visit my blog at Storytime ABC'S  I chose to share a two-fer this week that includes the song, Leaves are Twirling. It is a very good song to help calm little ones down and ease into a transition from a more active song or activity into a calmer, quieter book sharing or flannel board story.

Next, we have monster-ific fun happening with Lucy at Notes From the Story Room. She  is letting her Five Little Monsters escape the bedroom to have some jumping fun in other places. Her monster finger puppets are too cute!

Please give another warm welcome to Carolyn from Risking Failure. This is her first time to join us on the Round-Up. She says that she was Flannel Friday-inspired to make individual flannel/magnetic boards AND multiple flannel kits to put into the hands of her students to encourage retelling of the story. Her contribution is an adorable flannel version of Mr. Wiggle's BookI am now inspired by Carolyn!

Erin at LibrErin brings us a new idea to extend everyone's favorite cat book, Pete the Cat.  Her activity features Pete and his famous shoes and is the perfect way to practice color recognition skills with storytime friends. Very creative!

Library Quine at Loons and Quines @ Librarytime is sharing three ~ yes, you read that right!   ~ THREE ways to use her Five Fancy Goldfish. So cute and versatile! And she has a teaser for us, too.

We have a second contribution this week from Storytime Katie. (Wow! I'm impressed because I struggle to share one post each week. LOL) This one is an adorable Flannel Friday-inspired activity about yummy Popsicles. A delicious way to encourage color recognition!

Oooh! Mollie at What Happens In Storytime... is sharing "Petey the Pirate and his sidekick Julie Child" who are two creatively changeable felt puppets. I hope we hear more about them in the future!

There you go! That is the fantastic Flannel Friday Round-Up this week!
Enjoy!




If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment below, post a comment on the Flannel Friday Facebook page, email me at storytimeabcs@gmail.com or catch me on Twitter ~ I am @StorytimeFun.

For anyone who is new to Flannel Friday and curious about this awesome group of guys and gals, you can check out the Flannel Friday website here.

Have fun!
~ K ~

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kay! Love the blog hop thing! What a cool way to share links. I've never heard of it before, so it was awesome to learn about a new tool. I had to post my flannels early this week because I am going to be out of town this weekend. Hope that's OK. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Katie! Thanks for posting your links before heading out if town. I hope you have a fun, safe trip.

      Enjoy your weekend!
      ~ K ~

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for hosting, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really do enjoy hosting the Flannel Friday round-Up and the blog hop makes it so super easy!

      Thanks for participating this week!
      Have a lovely weekend!
      ~ K ~

      Delete
  3. I accidentally scheduled two posts for today (whoops!), so I did two entries on the hop! Everything looks wonderful so far!!

    And thank you for hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie, for your two posts and for your kind words about the Round-Up. I agree that everyone's contributions look wonderful!

      I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
      Take care,
      ~ K ~

      Delete
  4. Nice roundup, so many great fall ideas! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by, Andrea! It does seem that Fall is a very popular theme this week ~ so many fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete