Friday, March 15, 2013

Flannel Friday: Giving's the Best Thing to Do!



A flannel-ized "Happy Birthday" just for you!

It is Flannel Friday's 2nd birthday!

Whoo hoo!

Let's celebrate!

I missed sharing "What Flannel Friday means to me..." last week so I thought I would share a special song this week. I am sharing it in celebration of Flannel Friday's second birthday because the song is about sharing ~ which is what we do best! 

The song is done by one of my favorite Children's entertainment groups ~ The Learning Station

The song is The Giving Song and is based on the book, The Giving Tree, by Shel Siverstein (1964) which is also one of my favorite books.


 I just love that tree!

This particular song perfectly represents what Flannel Friday means to me!
It makes me smile every time I hear it.
And Flannel Friday makes me smile every Friday with each Round-Up!

"I get a good feeling when I give, 
that's how the whole world should live.
I get a good feeling when I share,
sharing shows that you care!"

The Learning Station
 Literacy in Motion
The Giving Song


Literacy In Motion
Please click on the picture to hear a snippet of the song.
***By the way, The Learning Station will be at the 2013 NAEYC Annual Conference and Expo in Washington DC from November 20th to November 23rd. If you are going, don't miss their performance! I saw them at an ECE Conference in Oklahoma years and years ago. I still enjoy my memories of the fun my friends and I had during their performance. I learned lots of helpful tips and songs that I still use today in my storytimes. This group is awesome!

I wish I could share the whole song with you so that you could smile along with me and feel how special each of you are to me. And how important you are to my storytime friends who all benefit from the sharing that you do each week on our Flannel Friday Round-Ups


Thank you so much for sharing a part of yourself 
with us!


 "I feel good, and it's true, I'm happy to share me with you.
I feel good, how about you, giving's the best thing to do."

The Learning Station
Literacy in Motion
The Giving Song



HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY, FLANNEL FRIDAY!

May we all continue sharing for a very long time!



This week's Round-Up is being hosted by Melissa on her blog, Mel's Desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment