Friday, May 31, 2013

Flannel Friday: Don't Let the Pigeon...




It's Friday!

And that means it is time for:

FLANNEL FRIDAY FUN!

I have been missing the opportunity to share in the Flannel Friday Round-Up for the last few months so I was bound and determined to share this week!

BUT...



My friend, Pigeon, had a different idea!

As of right now, we are negotiating ~ he is definitely one tough fowl! ~ but I am hopeful that I will be able to make him see why this is so important to me...

Maybe you could cross your fingers for me? Or send hotdogs!?! Or maybe cookies ~ with nuts?!??!

If Sarah at Read It Again!, our FF Round-Up Host for this week, will take pity on me ~ Please! ~ I promise I will do my very best to convince Pigeon, to help me finish our flannel before tomorrow afternoon.

What do you say, Sarah? Can we be in the Round-Up??? 

Please?

No?

We'll be your best friends! 

What's the big deal!?

We will only be just a little tiny bit late!

No fair!

We have dreams you know!


 



LET US BE IN THE ROUND-UP!!!
Uh-oh!
Bye now!

Hello again!

We are back!

Are you ready for our flannel?!??!

Here it is:




Five Little Pigeons
(Based on: "Five Little Monkeys")

Five little pigeons jumping on the bed.
One fell off and bumped his head.
We all called the doctor
And the doctor said,
"Don't let the Pigeons jump on the bed!"

Four little Pigeons jumping on the bed.
One fell off and bumped her head.
We all called the doctor
And the doctor said, 
"Don't let the Pigeons jump on the bed."

Three little Pigeons...
Two little Pigeons...

One little Pigeon jumping on the bed.
He fell off and bumped his head.
We all called the doctor 
And the doctor said, 
"Let him drive the bus instead!"


We hope this was worth the wait! Pigeon seems to really like the rhyme now that I agreed to change the last line. What do you think?

Pigeon and I have had so much fun together that we are planning a few more activities to share. Be sure to stop back by for them!

Just to entice you, here is a picture of our double-sided Pigeon Puppet craft:

I apologize for the poor quality on the "No!" picture.
It should be a white bubbles with a black "No!"
When I post the instructions, I will  try to take a better picture.



7 comments:

  1. Haha! I LOVE the post - even unfinished. I will just post the link that you sent. Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for including my post, Sarah! My Storytime friends and I had a BLAST with our silly Pigeon friends. ;o)

      Delete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you for this fabulous and inspired rhyme! I'm throwing a Pigeon Party this Saturday at my library and just came across this. The kids will love it. Thank you!! -Caitlin in Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome, Caitlin. I hope you and your Storytime friends had as much FUN at your Pigeon Party as my friends and I had! Pigeon is the BEST!

      Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. I love hearing from anyone who reads my posts. :o)
      Have a wonderful weekend!
      ~ K ~

      Delete
  3. I love that we both thought of the Pigeon jumping on the bed! I did a pigeon program right around the 10 year anniversary last year. Did you do the same? How did it go? My kids had a flippin blast. Here's my blog post on the Pigeon: http://librarybonanza.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/pigeon-celebrates-10-years/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this for the pigeon! I am doing a special iPad integrated story time with the pigeon next week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a template for the pigeon "No!" puppet?

    ReplyDelete